A new year means time to evaluate and make plans. Keep with what is working and start new, where it is not so great. Yes, I am talking about Scrapbooking 😉
I LOVE to scrap layouts. It is easy and fun for me, I can use all those beautiful paper and embellishments I love, I tell the stories I want to tell.
I love to mix photos + paper + words. I just love it and I’ll keep scrapping piles and piles of layouts and put them in albums, just the way I’ve been doing the past 10 years.
I am an album person. I usually scrap a bunch of layouts and let them stay a bit on my desk and them put them away into albums.
My album system is nothing special: I make one album per year per child. I have an album for me, a family photos album, a monthly – layout album from 2005 to 2010 (not completed) and few theme albums (the garden, Sudan + Dubai, Spain and France, all work-in-progress).
As you see there are lots of albums in the Baer household 🙂 And they are not all black leather. They are different sizes and different colors.
There are two white albums in the bottom row in the above photo: they are the first scrapbooks I made for my oldest daughter and they are wonderful in their imperfect glory. One album for 2005 and one for 2006. Them I switched to digital. From 2006-2010 I scrapped only digitally and printed my layouts at home with my home printer. These layouts are all 8×8″ and live on those 9 albums you see in the photo above. Three albums for each child.
On the top row you see the brown and the colorful albums, they are the 2011 – 2012 albums, size A4. 2013 I switched to Letter size and got American Crafts cloth albums again. I love them. I wish I could move all the 2011 – 12 layout to cloth album but the size is different and I would need to re-buid each layout cutting a stripe on the top or botton and adding a stripe on the sides. Or cut 12×12″ page protectors down. It is do-able but, no, thank you. Not yet 😉
In the photo above you see the 2013 and 2014 albums, the family album and the years albums (monthly digital layouts from 2005 to 2010, all in progress). They are all in my studio because they are the albums I work the most. The other albums are in the living room and are complete (or almost complete).
And them, there is project life.
I really love my project life albums but work on them is a pain. As I said, I am a layout person kind of scrapper.
The 2011 album is the one with the most holes to fill, but I already got all the photos printed and I have a journal that I kept that year. So, I’ll be doind those spreads. I actually enjoy working on this album, as it is already somehow complete and I only have to put things together.
2012 is missing some weeks (4 weeks or so, I do not know exactly) and is quite a task to get it finished as I did not work with a weekly system and I have to move things around a lot to get the holes filled.
The 2013 album is complete. Yes, seriously.
The 2014 album is almost ready. Two weeks in November and the last December week and that’s it. It is the album that I like the most. I have worked with a page per week and it just feels right. When I missed a week it was pretty easy to come back and finish it. There was a spot for it. So great.
As you see I already accomplished a lot of memory keeping with project life but the truth is that I do not really enjoy it. So, my idea right now is to keep a journal, take my photos and if I feel like doing a project life album for 2015 I can always put it together as I am doing with 2011.
This year I want to focus on doing layouts, and I have some goals:
– I want to use my Studio Calico kits. I have 20 SC kits here and most of them are almost new. I want to scrap one layout per week with my SC kits, probably following the #SCSketch that they post on their blog every Sunday. I love my kits and I love sketch #winwin
this is my layout with the #SCSketch from January 4th using the Walden Scrapbook Kit 🙂
– I want to keep my Inspired Friday project. Love to use my supplies and the inspiration from Pinterest just for fun. First inspired friday of 2015 comes this week *wink wink*
– Make the most of my Dani Peuss Kits. I really love Dani’s choice of product and have a great time killing my kits 🙂 I plan to kill them all this year, scrapping at least 6 layouts with each kit.
– Finish two projects – the Sudan-Egypt-Dubai album (about our ime in Africa and Middle East between 2004-2005) and the France travels handbook albums – and start two new projects, the Spain handbook (about the years we lived in Spain and our travels there) and the House handbook – we’ve changed a lot in our house and I would like to have everything in one place.
– finish the 2011 and 2012 project life albums.
That’s pretty much everything about my scrapbooking and memory keeping plans for 2015.
How about you? Did you wrote about your 2015 scrapbooking plans? please link in the comments!
thanks for stopping by today!