Another year in the books. My 6th year of documenting our everyday life through Project Life and the one that I loved the process the most. Also, for the first time I did not have any week to catch up in the new year. I managed to make my pages every 2 weeks through the whole year. Just saying that I am proud of my achievement is an understatement LOL
Although I have no solutions for everyone’s struggles to keep on going with this kind of memory keeping, I think it can be useful to share what worked for me this year, so here it goes:
- I did one page per week. That’s my happy place and how I’ll keep working in this project in the future.
- I did more than one page in some weeks. Hey, did I not just write that I did one page per week? well, for some weeks one page was not enough so I did two. And them went back to my usual one-page-per-week routine. Because it is my album and I can decide, because I am doing it for me and my family and life happens.
- I was part of the design team for the Project Life Kit from danipeuss.de. That means I had one beautiful kit delivered to my doorsteps every month and I had to make some pages using it, so I did. I helped me to stay on track tremendously. Things changed at danipeuss.de and there is not a PL-Kit DT anymore so I am on my own this year. But I am not worried because I’ve found my workflow. I know I can keep working the same way using my printables and my stash of journaling cards.
- I’ve made time to work on one spread (two weeks of life) every 2-3 weeks. This way I did not fall behind.
- I added my “Week in the Life” and “Day in the Life” projects to this album. I think it enriches the storytelling in this album and also saves me time because I did not have make an extra album for those projects.
- I kept the album simple. Almost no embellishments, stickers, alphas… just journaling cards + photos.
I did a short walkthrough video of my 2016 album, I am not talking a lot there, just showing you how it does look like with all the memorabilia I added through the year, and all the pages together.
I already started working on my 2017 album, and will likely post the pages when they are ready on my Instagram account and just write one blog post with the entire month here in the blog in the begin of the next month.
Are you making Project Life this year too? Leave me a comment here or on Instagram so I can follow along too. Let’s keep inspired!